With the school year coming to a close, maybe you should start thinking about activities to engage in next year. KidsForShe has got you covered! Want to know how to teach a class, run a club, or work with an organization? Follow these simple steps to be well in your way to having your own feminism club!
But first, a little information about us:
WE ARE A 501(C)(3) ORGANIZATION THAT WAS FOUNDED LAST YEAR. OUR MAIN OBJECTIVE IS TO ENABLE KIDS AROUND THE GLOBE TO START FEMINISM GROUPS WITHIN THEIR COMMUNITIES.
SO FAR, WE HAVE CHAPTERS IN NEW YORK, CALIFORNIA, MEXICO, AND UGANDA, AND ARE VERY MUCH LOOKING TO GROW OUR MEMBERSHIP.
OUR PRINCIPAL GOAL IS TO CREATE A NETWORK OF PASSIONATE CHILDREN WHO CAN EFFECT TANGIBLE CHANGE TOWARD GENDER EQUALITY, NO MATTER WHERE THEY LIVE.
Now, on how YOU can start a KidsForShe chapter:
1. Unite with a group of passionate members of your community who can commit to meeting once a week. Talk to your school administration to see if the school will host your club.
2. Arrange a meeting place and time
3. Register your club on our website by taking “our pledge” (just click on the tab that says "Our Pledge" and follow the directions
4. At each club meeting, use one of the Power Points from the “take action” tab on the KidsForShe website to discuss feminist issues or come up with your own topics and create Power points (share them with KidsForShe!)
5. Keep us posted! Email us at least once a month with pictures and summaries of what you clubs have been doing!
Hope this helps and happy club launching!
The KidsForShe Team