We the KidsForShe Uganda Clubs have established some basic guidelines of common ground. The Clubs
have a diversity of girls of different socioeconomic, spiritual, and emotional backgrounds. With the help
from KidsForShe-USA and Equality Heals Africa-Uganda we decided on some more "defined" guidelines
to help us develop trust, respectful language and behavior within the clubs.... here is a short list of the
most important attributes of the guidelines :
1) We are space holders to the Mystery of the Feminine, Her expressions, and activity. We honor each
other and our ancestors that have walked before us.
2) We hold sacred the intrinsic value of each woman and Girl in the Clubs. We support the learning and
expressions of our gifts and talents as they unfold within us on our Journey.
3) We hold sacred the space for Community among us. We adorn ourselves in friendship, trust and
collaboration. We value our connection both as individuals and as members of the Clubs.
4) We are "Witness" for each other. Every experience of our personal stories has value and contains
5) We engage in an environment of Safety and Gender Equality. We support and enforce confidentiality.
We do not share what transpires within the Clubs to others.
6) We actively open our hearts to be Present for each other. We offer support to one another for
creative exploration, expression and activity.
7) We support and practice Mindful Listening. We encourage each other’s individual voice spoken from
the depth of personal experience and journey.
8) We practice the art of Gratitude towards each other and treat each other with respect. Kindness
9) We value the prime importance of the Pen Pal Program in promoting intercultural differences,
friendship and global citizenry.
Thanks to all members of the Pen Pal Program under the leadership of our beloved Magdalena Del Valle.
We welcome more members to join our Pen Pal Program as we projected to connect with 1000 girls in
the first year of operation 2018-2019.